• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Bubble and Highlight - how long? Love Blitz DVDs.

CarmenCoder

Blitzer
I just completed the Blitz videos and I am so excited. I learned so much from these and they really really helped me pay attention to the little details, which I know can trip you up. I was wondering if someone give me a general idea of how long it takes to bubble and highlight the CPT book? :D

April1127

I just completed the Blitz videos and I am so excited. I learned so much from these and they really really helped me pay attention to the little details, which I know can trip you up. I was wondering if someone give me a general idea of how long it takes to bubble and highlight the CPT book? :D
It took me days to buble and highlight my book. But after a while it become easier. I think it also helps you get familiar with your book. I found resources in my book I did not know where there while Bubbling and highlighting. I also finished watching the videos today. Good luck studying.

CarmenCoder

Blitzer
Thank you, April. I am going out of town next week and I'm hoping during my flights and LONG layovers at airports I can get it all bubbled and highlighted. I plan on rewatching the Blitz videos too because I paused quite a bit to make notes and bubble and highlight and I don't want to miss anything. Also, I don't know if you went over the handouts that came with the DVDs. I kind of forgot about them until after I had finished. Loads and loads of information. You're so right that bubbling and highlighting helps you get familiar with the book. I really hated this book when I started my course, but I understand it a lot better now. Good luck to you, too.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Barbara Chiappini bubble and highlights my manual each year for me (she is one of my instructors from the beginning) and she says it takes about 30 to 40 hours including notes so I'd say 20 hours for just the bubbling and highlighting. Happy Studying (and becoming one with your manual!)

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Very good grasshopper! ;)

kayal

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Grasshopper-as in the 1970's TV series "Kung Fu" which starred David Carradine.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Yes that's right. I forget how old I am and that not everyone understands my analagies - o_O - thanks for getting it Kayal! ;-)

CarmenCoder

Blitzer
Back from trip and got most of it finished on my layovers and on the plane. Laureen, I remember that Kung Fu series.

C

crank

Back from trip and got most of it finished on my layovers and on the plane. Laureen, I remember that Kung Fu series.
Hello CarmenCoder,
It would be better, if you share your experience about trip. I'm planning to have a trip.

susan sayers

trying to bloom in life 2.0
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Can I ask a Highlighting question. In a few codes (ex,56630,56633) I cant find anything after the ; in the primary code. Found all the add on to highlight but nothing in the primary, What am I missing. Thanks any and all.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
If there is nothing after the semicolon, it means that whatever came before the semicolon is the full description for that code.

For example, the full descriptions for these codes are:
56630 Vulvectomy, radical, partial;
56631 Vulvectomy, radical, partial; with unilateral inguinofemoral lymphadenectomy
56632 Vulvectomy, radical, partial; with bilateral inguinofemoral lymphadenectomy

So if the unilateral inguinofemoral lymphadenectomy was also done, code 56631. If the bilateral inguinofemoral lymphadenectomy was also done, code 56632. If neither were done, just the partial radical vulvectomycode, code 56630.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
You all are awesome. This is information I hope everyone is reading because it gives insight on the process. Some students get panicked if they can't see Laureen's entire page in the Blitz. You can do it. Not everyone will have a manual that looks like someone else in the process.

Ambercrowley

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
It's the holiday weekend, I plan to spending it bubbling & highlighting the time away :) Very helpful idea!!

James Grove

I started taking a practice test. I got the first one right. I got the second one wrong because my book was not bubbled and highlighted. So before I go any further I need to bubble and highlight and underline.